Virtualization and Cloud Awareness eLearning
Duration: 4 hours
Course Delivery: eLearning (QAS Self-study)
Course ID: VCC1110E
Credits: 4 PDUs
The Virtualization and Cloud Awareness course provides a 4-hour, interactive, online learning experience. This self-paced eLearning course is ideal for those who require a basic understanding of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts in a time-efficient manner. The course has been designed for learners who need this basic awareness as a general interest—as part of a larger program initiative—as opposed to the full certification Virtualization and Cloud Essentials courses.
The Awareness course will be of interest to:
- IT and business executives who want to receive an overview of the concepts and the significance of virtualization and cloud computing.
- IT and business staff who need a brief overview and awareness of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization and cloud computing and be able to give examples.
- Understand the technical capabilities and business benefits of virtualization and cloud computing and how to measure these benefits.
- Describe the landscape of different types of virtualization and understand the different
- types of clouds.
- Illustrate how key application features can be delivered on virtual infrastructures.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization technologies.
- Understand the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- Computer (Pentium IV, Internet Explorer 5.x, cookies enabled, Macromedia Flash Player 6.0, speakers or a headset, and 1,024X768 pixel resolution)
- Broadband Internet connection
Online, self-paced instructional material available for 90 days
- Course Overview
1. Introduction to Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Concepts and Definitions
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization in Context
- Suitability fo r Organizations
- Server Virtualization
- Workplace Virtualization
- Business Value
- Adopting Virtualization
3. Cloud Computing
- Cloud Service Model
- Cloud Service Providers
- Risks Connected to Cloud Computing