ITIL® Foundation Plus Cloud Introduction
Certificate: ITIL® Foundation
Duration: 3 days
Course Delivery: Classroom , eBook
Course ID: ITL9329CL
Credits: 2 Credits to ITIL Expert
PMI® PDUs: 20
Cloud computing has become a reality and organizations across the globe are looking for a training solution in order to build cloud competencies in their organization to properly manage, utilize and govern new technologies. This exciting and dynamic 3-day course, fully updated for ITIL 2011, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. The course also gives you an introduction to cloud computing and an understanding of the impact and changes cloud computing has on IT service management.
As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the participant to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Distinguish between the different types of clouds and give examples of them.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
- Recognize what types of organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- Use a structured approach, based on ITIL, to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Course organizational logistics
- Classroom with U-shaped seating arrangement
- Whiteboard, projector, flipchart
- 25 students maximum
- Course runs 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
- If required, the exam can be scheduled from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on the last day
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery is beneficial.
Students receive a copy of the classroom presentation material. There are no direct reference materials required for this course.
- Accredited Foundation training is strongly recommended but not a prerequisite.
- The exam is a closed book, 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline.
- eBooks can be downloaded and read on the following devices Laptop, tablet, Smart Phone, eReader PDF Reader, recommended Adobe Reader.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Foundation exam, the participant will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 20
This program consists of the ITIL Foundation course, plus two additional hours on the impact of cloud computing on service management.
Service Management as a Practive
Review Day 1 & Day 2
Continual Service Improvement
Technology & Architecture
Exam Preparation & Evaluation