Cloud Technologies Fundamentals
Duration: 5 days
Course Delivery: Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Cloud Technology Fundamentals is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux, Cloud and require core Linux skills and Open Source Solutions. This course also focuses on essential administration tasks that will be encountered in the workplace, working with commands, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and performing basic security administration.
Early in the course, GUI-based tools will be featured to build upon the students' existing technical knowledge. As the course progresses, key command-line concepts will be introduced to provide a foundation for students planning to continue to OpenStack Administration Course.
About Cloud Technology Fundamentals
Cloud Technology Fundamentals is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration by focusing on core administration tasks. Cloud Technology Fundamentals also provides a foundation for students wishing to get step forward in Cloud Administration over Linux Systems by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools.
This course will satisfy the need of both by providing all the technical information about Linux for cloud computing that are the starting point for the professional cloud level and certifications. An accredited international certification is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace.
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration that benefits who want to be a Cloud Administrator.
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Defining the key terminology and principles of Computer in general followed by some basics commands, also define Open Source and Open Cloud Computing Principles with Different Cloud Solutions
- Identifying how to edit the files in Linux OS, declare the Shell Environment and the Basic permission on the files.
- Listing and identifying the processes in the Linux OS also how to administrate Users and Groups. Identify the term of Shell Scripting
- Identifying how to manage packages by rpm and yum tools, identify the KVM and how to manage, and identify the different types of the File Systems and how to manage your local disk.
- Identifying the boot sequence of the system, define what the system life cycle is and declare the term “GRUB “.
- Defining the term of Network fundamentals also some basic security concepts that required, and how to manage your time as NTP Client side.
Benefits of Taking This Course
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive , group-learning exercise
- Previous operating system administration experience is helpful but not required for this course.
- OpenStack Administration Course
- OpenStack Architecture Course
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation materials and the Participant Workbook, which contains reference material.
- Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline.
- eBooks can be downloaded and read on the following devices Laptop, tablet, SmartPhone, eReader PDF Reader, recommended Adobe Reader.
- IE 9, Mozilla 13, Chrome 20, or Safari 5 or later
Using Command Line Features
Using vi Editor
Using Shell Environment
Perform Basic Process Control
User and Group Administration
Introduction to Shell Scripting
Introduction to Cloud
Module 1: Introduction
- Computer Hardware Components
- Using Desktop Environment
Module 2: Using Command Line Features
- Work with commands.
- Using the Manual Pages.
- Basic file and directory management.
- Working with files.
- Working with directories.
Module 3: Using Vi Editor
- The vi editor mode operations.
- Using vi command.
Module 4: Using Shell Environment
- Text Process Streaming.
- I/O Redirection.
- Searching text with grep Command.
- Searching for files and directories.
Module 5: Basic Permission
- File and Directory Security
- Viewing Permission Categories
- Displaying Permission and Status.
- Determining Permissions.
- Changing Permissions.
- Using Symbolic link.
- Using Hard link
Module 6: Perform Basic Process Control
- What is a process?
- Schedule priorities.
- Scheduling a process.
Module 7: User and Group Administration
- Introduction to users and groups.
- System files that store user account information.
- Manage user account.
- Manage Groups
Module 8: Package Management
- The RPM
Module 9: Introduction to Shell Scripting
- Shell Scripts
- Shell Variables
- What is a script?
- Rules of write script.
- Script statements.
- Example of Scripts
Module 10: Disk Management
- Disk Naming Convention.
- File System Basics.
- Mounting File System
- Manage Storage.
- Maintain the Integrity of the File System
Module 11: Configure NTP Client
- Maintain System Time (Client)
- Network Time Protocol
Module 12: Boot Sequence
- Boot Process, init, and shutdown
- Change Run Level.
Module 13: Network Fundamentals
- IP Terminology
- The Hierarchal IP Address Scheme.
- Network Addressing.
- Network Configuration Files.
- Configure Network Interface Card
Module 14: Security Fundamentals
- What is Computer Security?
- Personal Firewall.
- Password Security.
- File Based Encryption.
Module 15: KVM
- Kernel Based Virtual Machine “KVM”
- Install KVM
- Configure KVM
- Start KVM
Module 16: Introduction to Cloud
- Defining the Cloud Computing
- Cloud Deployment Models
- Cloud Delivery Models
- Benefits of Cloud Computing