Big Data Foundation
Certificate: Big Data Foundation
Duration: 2 days
Course Delivery: Classroom
Accreditor: Cloud Credential Council
This is a foundation level course designed to provide you with an understanding of Big Data, the potential sources of Big Data that can be used for solving real business problems, and overview of Data Mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamental course with practical exercises designed to provide you with some degree of hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through our Work-Labs. The course exposes you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
After completing the course, you will be equipped not only with fundamental Big Data knowledge, but will also be introduced to a working development environment containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by yourself. This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the organizational Big Data journey.
This course is best suited to Information Technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of Big Data. These include:
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT architects
- System administrators
The course can also be of benefit to other professionals, such as business analytics and research analytics, who possess strong Information Technology skills and have a deep interest in Big Data analytics and the benefits it can bring to an organization.
Participants in this course will obtain the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding of Big Data and Data Mining concepts.
- Ability to identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Ability to install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
You will receive the following as part of this course:
- Participant handbook
About the examination
- Exam Format: closed-book format. Online. Participants may bring paper-based dictionaries. No electronic devices are permitted.
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes. 15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers
- Proctoring: Web proctoring
- Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline.
- eBooks can be downloaded and read on the following devices Laptop, tablet, Smart Phone, eReader PDF Reader, recommended Adobe Reader.
For practical exercises:
- Laptop with a minimum of 4GB RAM
- Participants need to bring laptops
1. Course Introduction
2. Big Data Fundamentals
3. Big Data Sources
4. Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
5. Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
6. Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
7. Practical Work – Labs
Module 1: Course Introduction
- 1.1 Course Learning Objectives
- 1.2 Course Agenda
- 1.4 Activities
- 1.5 Exam
- 1.6 Course Book
- 1.7 Cloud Credential Council®(CCC)
- 1.8 Certification Value
Module 2: Big Data Fundamentals
- 2.1 Big Data – History, Overview, and Characteristics
- 2.2 Big Data Technologies – Overview
- 2.3 Big Data Success Stories
- 2.4 Big Data – Privacy and Ethics
- 2.5 Big Data Projects
Module 3: Big Data Sources
- 3.1 Enterprise Data Sources
- 3.2 Social Media Data Sources
- 3.3 Public Data Sources
Module 4: Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
- 4.1 Data Mining – Introduction
- 4.2 Data Mining – Tools
Module 5:Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
- 5.1 Hadoop Fundamentals
- 5.2 Install and Configure
- 5.3 MapReduce
- 5.4 Data Processing with Hadoop
Module 6: Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
- 6.1 MongoDB Fundamentals
- 6.2 Install and Configure
- 6.3 Document Databases
- 6.4 Data Modelling with Document Databases
Module 7: Exam Preparation Guide
- Mock Exam